Cold Sore and Apthous Ulcer Treatment
- Laser treatment can reduce the healing time and eliminate much of the pain of cold sores and ulcers.
- If a cold sore is treated in the prodromal stage (before it breaks out), the cold sore may not appear.
- No numbing is required. Treatments only takes a couple minutes.
- In many cases, cold sores treated by lasers will come back with less frequency.
- A quick laser treatment can eliminate gumline sensitivity for many months.
Gumline reduction and shaping
Cosmetic and Therapeutic Gum Contouring
- Quick and relatively painless adjustment of gum levels for periodontal health and/or cosmetic balance.
- Laser gum contouring heals quickly and without the pain or discomfort of traditional surgical treatments.
- A leading edge gum therapy currently NOT currently covered by most insurance. Cost varies by pocket depth and sessions required.
- LAPR is an advanced, simple and relatively painless way to reduce pocket deep over several treatments.
- Typical deep cleaning is performed at the same time and is a covered procedure with most plans.
- Instead of cutting gums away to reduce pocket depth, LAPT selectively eliminates diseased gum tissue and allows gums to reattach to the tooth over several treatments. Deep pockets can become almost normal with good home care WITHOUT painful gum surgery.
- Ongoing research suggests LAPT may be a viable and less painful option to traditional periodontal surgery.
Laser Bacterial Reduction (LBR)($25)
- Optional painless and quick procedure done during cleaning that cuts the bacterial count in the gum pockets around teeth from about a billion bacteria to a couple hundred per tooth.
- Sad Note : LBR is NOT currently covered by most insurance plans.
- LBR reduces the chance of bacteria getting into your blood stream and causing other health problem. LBR may reduce the need for prophylatic antibiotics for heart and joint replacement patients.
- Relatively quick and simple way to make for clean impressions for crowns and bridges with minimal postop problems.