- Dr Fred’s parents were from Seattle, but they moved to California to raise their family. All but Dr Fred’s sister have moved back to the Seattle area over 20 years ago.
- Dr Fred started college at UW in engineering with an emphasis in computers.
- This gives him an engineering background that is useful in providing long lasting dental care.
- After a work study program with Lockheed, he changed his direction towards becoming a dentist.
- Along the way, Dr Fred graduated from UCSB and did graduate work in molecular biology with an emphasis in double stranded RNA.
- Dr Fred graduated from UCSF Dental School in 1979. It’s been one of the top dental schools for decades.
- Dr Fred moved to the Seattle area right after Dental School. After practicing as an associate several years, he opened up the Lake Stevens Dental Clinic in 1986 and has been here ever since.
- Outside of family stuff, Dr Fred is an avid gardener, photographer and weekend fixit guy.
- Dr Fred was an HS All-American in swimming and Water Polo. He swam with and against some Olympic Gold medalists such as Mark Spitz and John Nabers.
- Backpacking, tennis, soccer, basketball, racquet ball, golf and skiing.
- Webmaster for various local clubs and sports teams.
- Designed, installed and donated the Lake Stevens Disc Golf Course at Catherine Creek Park.